Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct NEET 2016 Phase 2 on July 24 2016. The exam will be held for providing admission to MBBS and BDS seats in government medical and dental colleges across India.
While NEET Phase 1 was held on May 1 2016, most students were not able to participate in the exam and those appeared aren’t satisfied with their performance in the test. Hence, NEET 2016 Phase 2 examination is organized for such candidates.
Aspirants who have appeared in NEET 2016 Phase 1 examination can take up Phase 2 of NEET 2016 but with a condition that they have to give up their NEET Phase 1 candidature.
NEET 2016 Result will be declared on August 17, 2016. The exam will be held in pen and paper mode at various examination centres in India. In this article, we list down information on NEET 2016 Eligibility Criteria, NEET 2016 Paper Pattern, NEET 2016 Application Form Procedure, NEET 2016 Important Dates, NEET 2016 Answer Keys and NEET 2016 Result etc.
Information at a glance
- Exam : National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
- Popularly refereed as: NEET
- Exam Type: Undergraduate
- Conducting authority: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
NEET 2016 Phase 2 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing for NEET 2016 Phase 2 must fulfil the below mentioned NEET 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
- Nationality: Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are eligible to appear for NEET 2016.
- Age Limit: The candidate must be minimum 17 years old as on December 31 2016. The age limit is 25 years of General category and 30 years for SC/ST/OBC category candidates. To simplify the age criteria:
- 01/01/87 to 01/01/2000 (SC/ST/OBC Category)
- 01/01/92 to 01/01/2000 (Other Category)
- Criteria for All India Quota Seats:
- Candidates appeared or appearing for Class 12 or equivalent exam in 2016 are eligible
- Candidates must appear and pass Class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (PCB), Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not below the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
- Applicants has passed the B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and further that they has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- Candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in PCB or 45% (General PH) or 40% (SC / ST / OBC)
NEET 2016 Phase 2 Paper Pattern
NEET 2016 Phase 2 exam will be conducted in offline mode. It is a 3 hour long examination. Take a look below for the NEET 2016 Exam Pattern:
|Exam Pattern||Detail of NEET 2016 exam|
|Exam Date & Time||
|Exam Mode||Pen & Paper Based (Offline)|
|Language of Paper||English, Hindi and Vernacular*|
|Types of questions||Multiple choice questions with single answer correct|
|Number of Questions||180|
Distribution of Questions
|Number of Marks||
|Distribution of Marks||
|Syllabus||The question paper for the examination will be based on a common syllabus notified by the Medical Council of India (MCI)|
*The list of vernacular languages will be updated as and when the NEET 2016 Phase 2 Information Brochure will be released by CBSE.
|Click here for complete NEET 2016 Phase 2 Paper Pattern|
NEET 2016 Phase 2 Important Dates
Candidates appearing for NEET 2016 Phase 2 examination must take a note of the following NEET 2016 Phase 2 Important Dates.
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|NEET 2016 Phase 1 (AIPMT)||May 1|
|NEET 2016 Phase 2||July 24|
|NEET 2016 Result||August 17|
|NEET 2016 Counselling||Between August 18 to September 30|
|Academic session 2016-17||October 1, 2016 (Tentative)|
NEET 2016 Phase 2 Application Procedure
The application process for NEET 2016 Phase 2 will begin from May 2016 (tentatively). The application form can be filled on their official website in online mode only. Candidates are advised to read NEET 2016 Phase 2 Eligibility Criteria carefully and completely before filling up the application form.
The online registration process for NEET 2016 is segregated into 3 simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill the NEET 2016 Phase 2 online application form and get registration number
- Step 2: Upload the photograph and signature in JPEG format
- Step 3: Pay the requisite fee. The fee can be paid using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or Bank Challan.
NEET 2016 Phase 2 Admit Card
NEET 2016 Admit Card for Phase 2 examination will be released in the first week of July 2016 (tentatively). In order to download the admit card candidates need to enter their exam registration number and date of birth.
The admit card (commonly known as hall ticket) is an important document. No candidates will be allowed to enter the NEET 2016 Phase 2 exam centre without a valid NEET 2016 Admit Card. The admit card includes candidate’s name, roll number, category, photograph, exam centre, date and time of exam.
After downloading the admit card, candidates are advised to check all the entries for correctness. In case of any mistake, candidates must contact he exam conducting authority, CBSE immediately.
NEET 2016 Phase 1 & 2 Result
NEET 2016 Result for both Phase 1 and 2 will be announced on August 17, 2016. The result will be declared only to those candidates who will secure the qualifying marks in the exam. Below is the category-wise qualifying marks:
|PwD candidates (Gen-PH)||45%|
NEET 2016 Counselling
NEET 2016 Counselling will be done in two rounds from August 18 to September 30, 2016. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) will conduct NEET 2016 counselling for allotment of MBBS and BDS seats under 15% All India Quota.
Important Contact for NEET 2016
In case of queries related to NEET 2016 Phase 2 examination, please get in touch with:
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Shiksha Kendra, 2 – Community Centre,
- Preet Vihar,Delhi-110092
Stay posted with Monksays for more updates on NEET 2016 and entrance exam updates.
Also, you don’t need to pay extra to learn better. Download Free StudMonk Android Application for MHT CET and NEET preparation to get your dream score in the entrance exam.
Take a look at StudMonk Flashcards too: iTunes